- B.S., Chemistry/Physics, South Dakota State University, M.S., Engineering Physics, Air Force Institute of Technology
- Father of 2 DA grads, DA teacher since 2006
- Classes taught at DA: Formal Logic, Geometry, Algebra 2, Precalculus, Calculus, Intro to Engineering, Physics
- Employed at WPAFB since 1984, active duty Air Force, civilian, contractor
- Oversight and coordination of shared facility with Christ the King Anglican Church, DA's home.
- B.A. in English, with a concentration in TESOL, Wright State University
- Graduated from Dominion Academy in 2013
- ESL Instructor in the Intensive English Program at UD
- B.S., Environmental Science, Wright State University.
- Operations Manager for 3 years.
- Created a Database for the Alzheimer's Association for a volunteer outreach project.
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Certificate
- ACBC Christan Counselling Course: Beginner Fundamental training Certificate
- ArcGis 10.5
- Chemical Analysis Lab Experience
- Microbiology Lab Experience
- Conversational in ASL
- Bachelor’s in Social Psychology, Park University
- 17-year career in human services before becoming an educator
- Homeschooled both children to graduation; 14 years
- Private Junior and Senior High tutor for 6 years, ongoing
- Taught special education at a private school for 2 years
- Master’s in Education, Training & Development, Park University, 2021
- Teach special ed, history, & English at an online homeschool academy for 2 years, ongoing
- B.A. Honours Drama and Theatre Arts, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON Canada
- M.F.A. Theatre Performance, York University, Toronto, ON Canada
- Professional Actor, Director, Educator for 38 years, member of Actors Equity Association (AEA) and Canadian Actors Equity Association (CAEA)
- Previous teaching experience: University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON), Wilfred Laurier University (Waterloo, ON), York University (Toronto, ON), and the Randolph College for the Performing Arts - former Artistic Director (Toronto, ON)
- Artist in Residence at Dominion Academy through Dayton’s Professional Theatre Company, The Human Race
- Previous Shakespeare productions at DA include A Midsummer Night’s Dream – An Adaptation (2018), Twelfth Night – An Adaptation (2019), My Shakespeare -Virtual Scenes by or inspired by Shakespeare (2020), an all female version of Macbeth (2021), As You Like It – An Adaptation (2022)
Darlene Spencer, M.F.A., AEA, CAEA (she/her) is a Canadian born actor, director, and educator. She adores storytelling and all aspects of making theatre. She has learned so much, from so many, during her times as a teaching artist at the University of Waterloo, Wilfred Laurier University, York University, and the Randolph College for the Performing Arts (former Artistic Director). This is her fifth year as an Artist in Residence at Dominion Academy where she is placed through Dayton’s professional theatre, the Human Race Theatre Company. Previous Shakespeare productions at DA include A Midsummer Night’s Dream – An Adaptation, Twelfth Night – An Adaptation, My Shakespeare (Virtual Scenes from Shakespeare), an all female version of Macbeth. This year she is working with students in Shakespeare Performance on As You Like It – An Adaptation. Currently, she lives amidst the cicadas, on the Stillwater River, with her remarkable husband Michael, three cats (Rrrnold, Nina, and Django) and two dogs, an Aussiedoodle (Harley, as in Davidson) and a Portie (Duffy, as in MacDuff).
B.A. in English and History from Cedarville University
Undergraduate year abroad at Center of Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Oxford University, England
Masters from Miami University in Literature
18 years of teaching-- both college and high school classes
Five years of Charlotte Mason homeschooling